Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is there a class action lawsuit against BidRack.com?

BidRack.com is a penny auction that I was directed to from my email account by way of a spamming type of advert with a statement that BidRack was auctioning off 1000 Amazon Kindles all for the same price of about $21.00. Wow, I said and clicked the link to a "Free" registration page for the auction. I entered my contact information with a chosen bidder name and password and clicked continue. I landed on a second page that was asking for more details than I cared to disclose including my credit card payment information. Needless to say I did not finish registration nor did I witness any of the "sales" of kindles at that set price of about $21.00. Do you think that BidRack is a business funded by some secret millionaire that just wants to give away stuff to needy people by asking for such a small portion of the real cost just to be charitable? The whole thing sounded "almost to good to be true"

No comments:

Post a Comment