Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Can a virus cause my laptop to power off and not power back on?

I had a lapse in my anti virus subscription and all 3 of my computers on the same network became infected. 2 of them are working well now but my HP Pavilion dv6928us just shut down while charging & will not power on. It was not hot to the touch. I've tried another battery, a/c adapter, power outlet, and nothing happened. I've even tried the common troubleshooting step found online about removing battery and adapter, press the power button for 30 seconds while holding laptop upside down and that didn't even work. Nothing is working, no lights or sound from hard drive. I will have had this laptop for 3 years, purchased brand new, come Sept. 2011. Please, if possible, help me with some tips or ideas. I don't want to pay a repair tech to tell me there is nothing that can be done. Thanks in advance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment