Friday, August 12, 2011

Is it still possible to have a full pedigree adult dog registered? (For an example AKC, CKC, etc.)?

I recently purchased a full pedigree female adult Chinese Shar-Pei from a couple who could no longer care for her. She is just a little over one years old and is a gorgeous dog. I believe she's an absolute true blood, anybody can tell by her features. The couple told me they originally purchased the dog from a professional breeder, but lost her paperwork. They also could not give me any information leading to that exact breeder either. Not sure if I was ever told the truth or what, but it was never really important to me because I instantly fell in love with the dog and just wanted to have her. I was just curious to know if there was any way I could still have her registered myself? I do have the dog's original vet records with her actual birthdate (May 18, 2010) and some other useful information, just not sure how to go about doing anything with it or if I even can. I am not a breeder myself, so I have no idea about dog registration with AKC, CKC, etc. period or where to start but would like to learn. The registration itself is not mandatory, so if there's really nothing I can do about it believe me it's okay. I'm happy enough just having the dog whether or not she actually has a certificate to prove her breed, it just would be nice to know if there was a way I could. If do you happen to have any helpful information or an answer to my question it would be a big help to me. Thank you in advance for your responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment